05 September 2007

Getting closer


Today I was playing a game in my mind similar to the Kevin Bacon Challenge, only tracing my clients back to see where a large portion came from. They didn't lead back to Kevin Bacon (thank goodness) but I was able to make the trace. Warning... this may be boring to most of you.


In 2005 I was able to donate some photography to a foundation focused on children with Autism. I heard about this from one of my first clients (Sorensen's) and was all over the opportunity. It was here that I met Alyse and her beautiful family as we photographed them later in the year for some Christmas cards.

A few days later, she was asked by a good friend (Michelle) who took that picture and was then forwarded her on to me. I was then hired to shoot Michelles daughter's wedding that March in Nauvoo (3 hours some direction from Chicago). After this shoot, Michelle and Alyse have since referred me to several of their other friends/neighbors allowing me to work with some of the nicest and most sincere people I have ever met. I consider these families some of my good friends.

Anyway... TO THE POINT

Michelle and Alyse called me up a few months ago and said that they had a new project for me and wanted to see if I was interested. Michelle told me that she wanted to create a cookbook that was unlike any other cookbook on the market. You'll have to wait to see it (as we are finishing up with the last 3 shoots this week) but coming from a guy who can eat but can't cook, I already have mine on reserve. This food is AMAZING! I know because I eat it as I photograph it :)

Last month Michelle had the opportunity to host a private event for the Nationally syndicated radio host Glenn Beck. He loved the food and loved the book. How's that for an unofficial, soon-to-be official endorsement. This is just the beginning. I'll let them tell the rest of their story as the website soon launches and the book releases.

I thought that I would include an image from the "how to create an intimate setting" section. Why Not?

4 comments:

emily said...

MATT!!! I didn't know you had a photog blog (that kind of rhymed!). I was just looking at your website! It looks great! You are AMAZING! Can't wait for you to take some picture of Matthew Bell Dowdle! -Emily

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, I have totally seen this cookbook! Well, the rought drafts of it. It's for Michelle Huxtable, right? I am friends with Abby! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Michelle Glauser said...

Hey Matt, I love your photos. I just thought I'd let you know that we're looking for photos for our student journal, if you want to submit, go to www.aspeers.com.

Steve said...

I love your blog! SO did anything ever come of the glenn beck thing? Keep me posted! Also has everyone else noticed that there are a lot of salt lake wedding photography companies? Its insane!