09 August 2007

MOOSE!!!

The last little while I have been telling myself to get out and do a little hiking. It's a hard thing to do during the peak season with weddings but this morning I decided to actually do it. I had plans to go with a buddy of mine but he had to bail last minute because of work. So I changed locations and headed up another canyon that was a few miles closer.

It was early and to be honest, it was the first time I have been cold since February. As I was hiking, I saw in the distance what seemed to be a few coyotes or fox's hanging out on a pile of stones that was in the form of a den. My eyes decieve me horribly in the morning so I walked up closer and found that my little den was filled with pot-gut's (fat squirrels if you are not from Utah).

Anyway, I continued my hike and just enjoyed the beauty that surrounded me. We are extremely blessed in Utah. Fatique set in and I made my way back to the car to head home. On my way back, I noticed two very dark animals on a hillside just grazing. I thought maybe some stray cattle until I got a little closer and realized that they were Moose. They were Ginormous. Anyway, the rest can't be explained with words, other than I have made two new friends high in the mountains, both of which let me even take their picture. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Christy said...

What canyon were you hiking in? Those moose pictures are really cool!

P.S. Just so you don't think I'm some sort of crazy stalker...I found your blog through Kristen Dorff's bridal pics. I was Kristen's roommate before the wedding. Great bridals by the way...I can't wait to see the wedding ones.

Christensen Photography said...

No worries! Her wedding images will be online by Monday for sure. It was high and deep into the cottonwoods.